1. PARTICIPANTS | ELIGIBILITY
- Participation is open to all anglers regardless of age or sex holding a valid fishing licence.
- Any angler under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or have a permission from such to fish with a co-angler.
- A team will consist of one or two anglers per boat; only registered contestants may be in the boat during official tournament hours. A contestant may fish alone as a single person team.
- WTF ( Weekly Tournament Fishing ) reserves the right to refuse any angler or tournament entry fees or entry forms for any reason.
- Each competitor agrees to report any rule violation to the Tournament Director immediately upon discovery of the violation.
2. ENTRY FEES | PAYOUTS
- There currently is no membership fee.
- Entry fee is $50.00 per team ( A team will consist of one or two anglers per boat ) per tournament and includes $10.00 towards Big Bass.
- There will be a $5.00 withholding fee from each team per tournament that will be used to pay for marketing, supplies, food and drink and any other items deemed necessary by WTF.
- One place paid per 5 entries.
- All ties will be resolved by splitting that place and the next place’s money.
3. REGISTRATION | TOURNAMENT HOURS
- On-site registration will begin at approximately 30 minutes before safe light the morning of the event at the announced location/s. Each team must register in person at the designated location/s.
- If there are more than 20 Contestants there will be drawing of flight numbers at registration and must leave from the official check point location in numbered order. Contestants may launch their boat from any ramp, but must come through the official check point before leaving to fish.
- Trailering is not allowed.
- In the event of severe weather, alternate take off instructions will be provided by the Tournament Director.
- Tournament hours are safe light to 12:00 pm unless otherwise noted. Hours will be announced before the start of each tournament at registrattion
- Because there are times when not everyone knows the waters being fished, there is a 5 minute buffer before disqualification.
- Occasionally we will alter hours for special events ( Super Bowl ) or weather.
- It is the angler’s responsibility to get the official time from the Tournament Director.
4. PERMITTED FISHING METHODS
- Only artificial baits may be used. No live or cut bait is permitted (pork baits are permitted).
- All bass must be caught alive in a legal and sporting manner during tournament hours. No snagging.
- Each contestant may only use 1 rod at a time. No more than 1 line in the water at a time per angler.
- All fishing must be conducted from the boat. At no time may a contestant leave the boat to land a fish.
- Trolling with the combustion motor is not permitted.
5. OFF LIMITS
- There is NO official off limits period for tournament waters.
- Contestants may fish anywhere on tournament waters accessible by boat, except areas designated as “off limits” or “no fishing” by state or federal officials, or within 50 yards of a competitor’s boat which was first anchored (an anchored boat is a boat held in a stable position by a line attached to a weight with the trolling motor in the up position), or within 25 yards of a non-anchored competitor’s boat unless otherwise agreed upon by the other tournament angler.
- Each team’s weight will be measured in pounds and hundredths of ounces. The highest weight will be declared 1st place.
7. LIVE FISH | WEIGH-IN
- A limit of five bass (Largemouth, Smallmouth, Guadalupe, and Spotted) may be weighed in per team.
- Contestants may possess a legal amount of Black Bass in their vessel. A team of two anglers may have up to 10 total Black Bass including Largemouth, Smallmouth, Guadalupe and Spotted Bass. Culling should be done at the earliest opportunity to ensure a healthy release of the culled fish.
- All fish must be a minimum of 14 inches; short fish presented for weigh-in will result in the loss of that particular fish.
- There will be a (1) pound fish care penalty for each dead bass presented for weigh-in. Culling of dead bass is prohibited.
- Dead fish will not be eligible for Big Bass
- Weigh-in will be back at the official check point location according to the appointed time.
- The scales will be open no earlier than the tournaments end time announced during registration.
- Any team more than 5 minutes late will forfeit that day’s catch.
- Scales will close 30 minutes after tournaments end time announced during registration. unless otherwise noted by a Tournament Director.
8. SPORTSMANSHIP | SAFETY
- All contestants are required to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation.
- Safe boating must be observed at all times. Each contestant is required to wear a fastened (fully zipped and/or all clips fastened) U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation device any time the boat is above idle. All boats must be equipped with an emergency ignition shut-off device, which must be securely attached to the driver’s body any time the boat is above idle.
- Tournament hours may be shortened or canceled due to unsafe weather or any conditions that would endanger the safety of the competitors at the Tournament Director’s sole and absolute discretion.
- In case of inclement weather it will be the contestant’s decision to stay and fish or seek shelter/leave. Once tournament fees are paid and the tournament has begun there will be no refunds for any reason.
- Mobile communication devices are encouraged for safety reasons but their use is prohibited during tournament hours for the purposes of finding or locating fish.
- Consumption of alcohol or any non-prescribed drug must follow all state laws.
- All boat operators must comply with the laws of the State of Texas, for a complete list of Texas PWC Operation Laws please visit: http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/boat/laws/pwc/
9. MEDIA DISCLAIMER
- WTFishing.com, hereto referred to as WTF, has the irrevocable right and permission to use photographs and/or video recordings of tournament anglers on wtfishing.com, https://www.facebook.com/groups/WTFishing/ , Youtube.com and other websites, as well as in publications, promotional flyers, or for any other similar purpose without compensation.
- Photographs and/or video recordings of anglers may be placed on the Internet. Anglers may be identified by name and/or title in printed, Internet or broadcast information that might accompany the photographs and/or video recordings. All anglers waive the right to approve the final product. All such portraits, pictures, photographs, video and audio recordings, and any reproductions thereof, and all plates, negatives, recording tape and digital files are and shall remain the property of WTF.
- Tournament anglers hereby release, acquit and forever discharge WTF, its owner and employees from any and all claims, demands, rights, promises, damages and liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use or distribution of said photographs and/or video recordings, including but not limited to any claims for invasion of privacy, appropriation of likeness or defamation.
* Protests must be made in writing within 10 minutes of the official closing of the scales at each tournament.
* Decisions of the Tournament Director are final and are not subject to appeal. Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to the Tournament Director.
* All participants expressly assume all risk(s) associated with each tournament event and hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless WTF, the host, all sponsors and Tournament Directors from all claims or injury and/or damage arising out of, or related to and/or incurred in connection with any WTF sponsored event(s)